Thursday, June 02, 2011

Thursday June 2, 2011 thought for the day-from jasper

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-If you want to reach the promised land, you must first go through the wilderness-
2-Blessed are those who can give without remembering and receive without forgetting-
3-What you make happen for others will happen to you-
4-Whenever you do a job less than you are capable of doing you are heating yourself-
5-Love is always the correct choice-
STRANGE THOUGHT-There is nothing new under the sun but there are a lot of old thing we don't know-
I'VE LEARNED-A lousy job is a lousy job, but it is even worse when you complain about it-
DID YOU KNOW-Bananas do not grow on trees but on rhizomes-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Are angels spirit only or do they also have a form (body)?
2-Is it true "The devil made me do it"?
3-Is satan the cause of our sinning?
4-Does the Book of Genesis equate the serpent with satan?
5-When did the concept of a personal evil satan begin?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Which epistle mentions "silly women" who are always learning but never aware of the truth?
Yesterday's answer-Philippi Acts 16:16
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Philippians 2:19-30
19 I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon. I will be happy to learn how you are.20 I have no one else like Timothy, who truly cares for you.21 Other people are interested only in their own lives, not in the work of Jesus Christ.22 You know the kind of person Timothy is. You know he has served with me in telling the Good News, as a son serves his father.23 I plan to send him to you quickly when I know what will happen to me.24 I am sure that the Lord will help me to come to you soon.

25 Epaphroditus, my brother in Christ, works and serves with me in the army of Christ. When I needed help, you sent him to me. I think now that I must send him back to you,26 because he wants very much to see all of you. He is worried because you heard that he was sick.27 Yes, he was sick, and nearly died, but God had mercy on him and me too so that I would not have more sadness.28 I want very much to send him to you so that when you see him you can be happy, and I can stop worrying about you.29 Welcome him in the Lord with much joy. Give honor to people like him,30 because he almost died for the work of Christ. He risked his life to give me the help you could not give in your service to me.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

ALMIGHTY God, heavenly Father, who has blessed us with the joy and care of children; Give us light and strength to train them, that they may love those things that are true and pure and lovely and of good report, following the example of their Jesus Christ.

Amen.
GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD!!!



No comments: