Sunday, June 05, 2011

Sunday June 5, 2011 thought for the day

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-FEAR-False evidence appearing real-
2-Everything good or bad starts with a thought-
3-Aren't we glad God doesn't treat us like we treat him-
4-When money looks better than the Master, your money will become your master-
5-It is not your goodness that counts, it is your Godliness-
STRANGE THOUGHT-If I agree with you, we'd both be wrong-
I'VE LEARNED-The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity-
DID YOU KNOW-A cucumber is 96% water-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Who loves you enough to tell you the truth you are resisting about yourself?
2-Why is the Christian life called "the straight and narrow"?
3-Is there any situation you can get into that God cannot get you out of?
4-What is "holy living"?
5-What is "Sabbath rest"?
BIBLE TRIVIA-How many times does Eve's name appear in the New Testament?
Yesterday's answer-Twice Genesis 3:20, 4:1
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Philippians 4:1-9
What the Christians Are to Do
1 My dear brothers and sisters, I love you and want to see you. You bring me joy and make me proud of you, so stand strong in the Lord as I have told you.

2 I ask Euodia and Syntyche to agree in the Lord.3 And I ask you, my faithful friend, to help these women. They served with me in telling the Good News, together with Clement and others who worked with me, whose names are written in the book of life.

4 Be full of joy in the Lord always. I will say again, be full of joy.

5 Let everyone see that you are gentle and kind. The Lord is coming soon.6 Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks.7 And God's peace, which is so great we cannot understand it, will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Brothers and sisters, think about the things that are good and worthy of praise. Think about the things that are true and honorable and right and pure and beautiful and respected.9 Do what you learned and received from me, what I told you, and what you saw me do. And the God who gives peace will be with you.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Prayer for the Morning

Lord, teach me to number my days aright, that I may gain wisdom of heart.

Help me do today the things that matter, not to waste the time I have.

The moments I have are precious, Lord, see that I count them dear. Teach me to number my days aright. Fill me this day with your kindness, that I may be glad and rejoice all the days of my life. Through Christ I pray,

Amen.
GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD!!!



No comments: