Monday, June 06, 2011

Monday June 6, 2011 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-When God takes control of the man of the house, the home is never the same again-
2-If you could be saved and not know it, you could be lost and not miss it-
3-Hurt people hurt people-
4-Our attitude tells others what we expect in return-
5-You can't call God what you don't know him to be-
STRANGE THOUGHT-I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger-
I'VE LEARNED-Just because two people argue does not mean they don't love each other. Just because two people don't argue does not mean they do love each other-
DID YOU KNOW-Grapes explode when put in the microwave-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Does God ever give us time in which to do nothing?
2-Why have so many Christians seem to have lost their joy?
3-Should we always be content in the place God has placed us?
4-What does it mean "Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give"?
5-God says we should tithe but does he expect more?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Which gospel records Jesus saying "Remember Lot's wife"?
Yesterday's answer-Twice 2 Corinthians 11, 1 Timothy 2:13
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Philippians 4:10-23
Paul Thanks the Christians
10 I am very happy in the Lord that you have shown your care for me again. You continued to care about me, but there was no way for you to show it.11 I am not telling you this because I need anything. I have learned to be satisfied with the things I have and with everything that happens.12 I know how to live when I am poor, and I know how to live when I have plenty. I have learned the secret of being happy at any time in everything that happens, when I have enough to eat and when I go hungry, when I have more than I need and when I do not have enough.13 I can do all things through Christ, because he gives me strength.

14 But it was good that you helped me when I needed it.15 You Philippians remember when I first preached the Good News there. When I left Macedonia, you were the only church that gave me help.16 Several times you sent me things I needed when I was in Thessalonica.17 Really, it is not that I want to receive gifts from you, but I want you to have the good that comes from giving.18 And now I have everything, and more. I have all I need, because Epaphroditus brought your gift to me. It is like a sweet-smelling sacrifice offered to God, who accepts that sacrifice and is pleased with it.19 My God will use his wonderful riches in Christ Jesus to give you everything you need.20 Glory to our God and Father forever and ever! Amen.

21 Greet each of God's people in Christ Jesus. Those who are with me send greetings to you. 22 All of God's people greet you, particularly those from the palace of Caesar.

23 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

ALMIGHTY God, I entrust all who are dear to me to your never-failing care and love, for this life and the life to come; knowing that are doing for them better things than I can desire or pray for; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen.
GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD!!!



No comments: