Friday, November 23, 2012

Friday November 23, 2012 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Figure out what God gave you a love for and then do it for his glory-
2-If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door-
3-Thinking of others is the heart of Christ likeness and the goal of spiritual growth-
4-Joy is the natural outcome of the Christian's obedience to the revealed will of God-
5-A mentor is not a person who gives you advice, a mentor is a person whose advice you follow-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Money will buy you a fine dog but only kindness will make him wag his tag-
I'VE LEARNED-Be someone who gives and you will be blessed-
DID YOU KNOW-Experts at Intel say that microprocessor speed will double every eighteen months for at least 10 years-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-The day after Jesus fed the 5,000, why was the crowd so confrontational to Jesus?
2-Are we today like the crowd of 5,000, always wanting Jesus to do more and greater things for us?
3-Is there a connection in Jesus feeding the large crowds and God feeding the Israelites manna?
4-Why couldn't Jesus have illuminated the minds of his critics to understand who he was instead of letting them reach their own conclusion?
5-Should Jesus' miracles have been enough to convince the people that he was the messiah?
BIB LE TRIVIA-What Roman soldier treated Paul kindly on his voyage to Rome?
Yesterday's answer-Zimri   1 Kings 16:9-20
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   John 6:65-71
65 Jesus said, “That is the reason I said, ‘If the Father does not bring a person to me, that one cannot come.’”
66 After Jesus said this, many of his followers left him and stopped following him.
67 Jesus asked the twelve followers, “Do you want to leave, too?”
68 Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, who would we go to? You have the words that give eternal life. 69 We believe and know that you are the Holy One from God.”
70 Then Jesus answered, “I chose all twelve of you, but one of you is a devil.”
71 Jesus was talking about Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot. Judas was one of the twelve, but later he was going to turn against Jesus.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manGod, You are the only source of eternal life to whom I can cling. I am confident that You will be with me to the end of my life here on this earth. I am grateful for the many people who bring me support, encouragement and companionship from day to day. They are a source of joy as they enrich my life daily. But as I grow older I’m recognizing that nothing stays the same and much of what I came to rely on is no longer present. Losses of those people very dear to me and things once considered important mount up as I reflect upon the passing years. I find great comfort as I cling to the words of the 73rd Psalm, “Whom have I in heaven but Thee, and there is none that I desire on earth beside Thee. My flesh and my heart faileth but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Amen.

SMILE, LAUGH, FORGIVE, BELIEVE AND LOVE, OVER AND OVER AGAIN!


No comments: