Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tuesday November 20, 2012 thought for the day






HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-A person's real character comes out best in their "asides"-
2-There is a power to lift you up which is stronger than all the things that hold you down-
3-When you are weak and incapable and insufficient, then God has a chance to be strong, capable and sufficient in you-
4-The more of the "world" you take in, the more you are in danger of becoming not who God created you to be, but a model of someone else's thinking-
5-God frequently works contrary to human logic and natural expectations-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Life isn't tied with a bow but it is still a gift-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Be someone who listens and you will be heard-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Toronto was the first city in the world with a computerized traffic system-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Did Peter really believe it was Jesus walking on the water?
2-What was Peter's reason asking Jesus to let him walk on the water out to where he was?
3-Is it any wonder that Peter ran low on faith when he started to do the impossible of walking on water even though Jesus had told him to do so?
4-Is Peter's lack of faith any different than our lake of faith today to do the seemingly impossible?
5-Which impressed the disciples more, Jesus walking on water or Jesus feeding the large crowd?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What leper was commander of the Syrian troops?
Yesterday's answer    Ittai   2 Samuel 15:19
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    John 6:52-59
52 Then the evil people began to argue among themselves, saying, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?”
53 Jesus said, “I tell you the truth, you must eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood. Otherwise, you won’t have real life in you. 54 Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood have eternal life, and I will raise them up on the last day. 55 My flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. 56 Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood live in me, and I live in them. 57 The living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father. So whoever eats me will live because of me. 58 I am not like the bread your ancestors ate. They ate that bread and still died. I am the bread that came down from heaven, and whoever eats this bread will live forever.” 59 Jesus said all these things while he was teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manFather, we thank You for the privilege of working with our hands and engaging our minds. Work is ordained by you and carried out in our homes and places of employment. Help us to make a positive difference as we live out our Christian testimony while diligently performing our work duties. There is no perfect workplace, yet we as people who seek to honor You, will be able to deal with less than ideal circumstances as we do our work primarily for You, knowing that it is from You that we receive the reward You grant to those who are diligent and faithful.  Amen.

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-


No comments: