Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sunday November 11, 2012 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY 
1-Humility invites grace-
2-Virtue begins when it cannot be bought and few people have virtue to withstand the highest bidder-
3-When people go through hard times, they become more of what they already are-
4-Hard times don't shape you, they reveal you-
5-We all need a smile or a compliment to get us going sometimes-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Mistakes are doorways to discoveries-
 
DID YOU KNOW-It takes eight and a half minutes for light to get from the sun to earth.  All totaled, the sunlight that strikes earth at any given moment weighs as much as an ocean liner-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why would Jairus lower himself and come to Jesus asking for a favor?
2-Was Jairus interested in being a Jesus follower or only hoping to secure help for his sick daughter?
3-Why did the woman with a blood issue feel she could be healed if she could just touch Jesus' garment?
4-From where did the woman who touched Jesus' garment get such great faith?
5-Today, how do we get the same great faith as the woman with a blood issue who touched Jesus' garment?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What epistle warns against people sent in to "spy out our liberty"?
Yesterday's answer-Joshua   2:1
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY     John 6:1-9
 After this, Jesus went across Lake Galilee (or, Lake Tiberias). Many people followed him because they saw the miracles he did to heal the sick. Jesus went up on a hill and sat down there with his followers. It was almost the time for the Jewish Passover Feast.
When Jesus looked up and saw a large crowd coming toward him, he said to Philip, “Where can we buy enough bread for all these people to eat?” (Jesus asked Philip this question to test him, because Jesus already knew what he planned to do.)
Philip answered, “Someone would have to work almost a year to buy enough bread for each person to have only a little piece.”
Another one of his followers, Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, said, “Here is a boy with five loaves of barley bread and two little fish, but that is not enough for so many people.”

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manFather, I lift up to You not only my heart from which my love for You is firmly established, but I also lift up to You my soul so that You will fill it with spiritual nourishment and unwavering hope. When my spirit grows faint within me and my heart is dismayed I am strengthened and encouraged as I meditate on all Your works and consider what Your hands have done. I trust You to be what You have been over the eons of time; a faithful, powerful, loving, and redemptive God who rescues me from danger and preserves my life for eternity. I spread out my hands to You as I thirst for You like a parched land. Fill my cup, Lord, fill it up and make me wholly useful for Your kingdom, most especially in these troubled times. It is in Jesus’ name that I pray. Amen.

I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!


No comments: