Thursday, November 08, 2012

Thursday November 8, 2012 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-You will never be at peace with the person who sleeps next to you until you are at peace with the person you are-
2-We must be the change we wish to see in the world-
3-Trusting means drawing on the inexhaustible resources of God-
4-There is no room for God in them who are full of themselves-
5-A proud heart and a lofty mountain are always barren-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-If you live in a dog eat dog world, stop living with the dogs-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Don't let the world make you hard-
 
DID YOU KNOW-If you attempted to count the stars in a galaxy at a rate of one every second, it would take around three thousand years to count them all-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How could one person contain a legion of demons and 2000 pigs could not?
2-What happened to the demons when the pigs drowned?
3-Was the pig farmer ever reimbursed for his loss of 2000 pigs?
4-Did Jesus take away from the farmer his income when the 2000 pigs drowned?
5-Can animals be demon possessed?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What tribe sent out five spies to check out its land?
Yesterday's answer-David     1 Samuel 26:3-4
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   John 5:30-35
30 “I can do nothing alone. I judge only the way I am told, so my judgment is fair. I don’t try to please myself, but I try to please the One who sent me.
31 “If only I tell people about myself, what I say is not true. 32 But there is another who tells about me, and I know that the things he says about me are true.
33 “You have sent people to John, and he has told you the truth. 34 It is not that I need what humans say; I tell you this so you can be saved. 35 John was like a burning and shining lamp, and you were happy to enjoy his light for a while.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manMerciful Father, we confess that we can be impatient and judgmental toward those who reject You. We’ve come to realize that we can’t live without You but the unbeliever feels he or she has no need for You.  It seems we’re worlds apart in our outlook.   Speak to our hearts about applying Your mercy to those who are not of the faith. They do not see through eyes of faith, but are blinded to spiritual truth.  While we must embrace the sinner in mercy and love, we must never embrace or endorse the sin. The allurement to sin is always before us, so we ask You to keep us safe. Do not let us deceive ourselves, but show us how to set up safeguards, while reaching out to those who are in sin’s entrapment.  Father, we don’t want to be complacent but want to be spiritually burdened with the critical need of reaching out to “the penitent child” who needs You.  In the name of Jesus we pray.  Amen.

MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE LOVE TO SHARE, HEALTH TO SPARE AND FRIENDS THAT CARE!



No comments: