Saturday, November 10, 2012

Saturday November 10, 2011 thought for today




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Humility is the foundation of all virtue-
2-Pride makes you artificial and humility makes you real-
3-You come nearest to the great when you are great in humility
4-Humility creates in us a capacity for the closest possible intimacy with God-
5-Humility makes great people twice honorable-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Where does the white go when the snow melts?
I'VE LEARNED-Don't let bitterness steal your sweetness-
DID YOU KNOW-By weight, the sun is 70 percent hydrogen; 28 percent helium, 1.5 percent carbon, nitrogen, and oxygen;and .05 percent all other elements.   How can scientists determine this?
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Was Jesus anxious to leave Gadera?
2-Was Jesus ever fearful?
3-Did Jesus ever stay where he was not wanted
4-Are the people of today any different from the people of Jesus' day that didn't believe in who he was?
5-Why didn't Jesus want the healed demon possessed man from Gadera to go with hi ministering but instead to go back to his family-
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who sent two spies to Jericho?
Yesterday's answer-Hushai   2 Samuel 15:32-37
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   John 5:41-47
41 “I don’t need praise from people. 42 But I know you—I know that you don’t have God’s love in you. 43 I have come from my Father and speak for him, but you don’t accept me. But when another person comes, speaking only for himself, you will accept him. 44 You try to get praise from each other, but you do not try to get the praise that comes from the only God. So how can you believe? 45 Don’t think that I will stand before the Father and say you are wrong. The one who says you are wrong is Moses, the one you hoped would save you. 46 If you really believed Moses, you would believe me, because Moses wrote about me. 47 But if you don’t believe what Moses wrote, how can you believe what I say?”
PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manFather, the accolades, merits, relationships and physical treasures I’ve accumulated in this life are but rubbish when compared to the all surpassing gift of knowing You, receiving Your forgiveness, and experiencing Your redemptive love. Because I am risen with Christ I want to place my affections on things above rather than things on this earth where I am so easily distracted from  that which really matters and draws me closer to Your throne. To know You, Father, is to know unfathomable peace and joy beyond measure. I thank You through Christ Jesus my Lord. Amen.
-TODAY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN. BE A BLESSING. BE A FRIEND. ENCOURAGE SOMEONE. TAKE TIME TO CARE. LET YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HEAL AND NOT WOUND.



No comments: