Saturday, November 17, 2012

Saturday November 17, 2012 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-If you confer a kindness be silent, if you receive one speak about it-
2-The claims of Jesus are either true or they are extremely arrogant and delusional-
3-We become what we are committed to-
4-Christ likeness comes from making Christ like commitments-
5-The worst sadness is to go through life without loving but it is equally sad to go through life without telling those you love that you love them-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-The trouble with bucket seats is that not everyone has the same size bucket-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Don't compare your life with others for you have no idea what their journey is all about-
 
DID YOU KNOW-In 1949, forecasting the relentless march of science, Popular Mechanics said computers in the future may weigh no more than five tons.
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-When Jesus fed the 5,000 people, how much fish and bread did each person receive?
2-What happened to the 12 baskets of fish and bread?  Was it just hard crust and fish bones that were disposed of?
3-When Jesus fed the 5,000 people, why did Jesus make more of the fish and bread than was needed to feed everyone?
4-Did the disciples "pray, giving thanks" before eating?
5-Since most of the disciples were unlearned fishermen, how much of the coming "messiah" would they have known about?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What Hittite soldier was put on the front lines of battle so David could take his wife?
Yesterday's answer-Caleb    Joshua 14:6-13
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    John 6:35-40
35 Then Jesus said, “I am the bread that gives life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But as I told you before, you have seen me and still don’t believe. 37 The Father gives me the people who are mine. Every one of them will come to me, and I will always accept them. 38 I came down from heaven to do what God wants me to do, not what I want to do. 39 Here is what the One who sent me wants me to do: I must not lose even one whom God gave me, but I must raise them all on the last day.40 Those who see the Son and believe in him have eternal life, and I will raise them on the last day. This is what my Father wants.”
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manFather, You are the Divine cardiologist who knows the very inmost part of my spiritual heart. People see only the outward person when I am proficient at presenting myself differently than the person I really am inside, but I cannot hide from You that which comes from my inward parts. You liken the heart to that which is the most central part of our emotions and character. I invite You to not only search my heart, but I ask You to remove the offensive contaminants such as jealousy, bitterness, disobedience, rage, or any other impurity that destroys my soul, for no one but You can heal all my soul’s diseases. *I praise You, Lord, for cleansing me from sin. Fulfill Your word and make me pure within. Fill me with fire, where once I burned with shame; grant my desire to magnify Your name. Amen.
                                                                                                                                                                                     (*V. 2 of “Search Me, O God”)

TODAY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN. BE A BLESSING. BE A FRIEND. ENCOURAGE SOMEONE. TAKE TIME TO CARE. LET YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HEAL AND NOT WOUND.



No comments: