Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunday March 17, 2013 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Friendship with oneself is all important for without it you cannot be friends with anyone else-
2-If God had wanted me otherwise, he would have created me otherwise-
3-Safety is not the absence of danger but the presence of God-
4-Money can make you comfortable but it cannot comfort you for long-
5-Health is your greatest material asset for if you are healthy you are rich-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Is the sky the limit when there are footprints on the moon?
 
I'VE LEARNED-The future is always beginning now-
 
DID YOU KNOW-About seven million cars are junked each year in the United States-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Even when God punishes, doesn't he have a redemptive goal?
2-Do all people have a choice to avoid hell?
3-Is there physical fire in hell or is it a figure of speech?
4-Will sinners in hell ever be destroyed?
5-Will souls in hell ever have a second chance of salvation?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What happened to Jeroboam's altar when he ordered his men to seize a prophet in front of it?
Yesterday's answer-Josiah's  1 Kings 13:2
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    John 18:28-35

28 Early in the morning they led Jesus from Caiaphas’s house to the Roman governor’s palace. They would not go inside the palace, because they did not want to make themselves unclean;[a] they wanted to eat the Passover meal. 29 So Pilate went outside to them and asked, “What charges do you bring against this man?”
30 They answered, “If he were not a criminal, we wouldn’t have brought him to you.”
31 Pilate said to them, “Take him yourselves and judge him by your own law.”
“But we are not allowed to put anyone to death,” the Jews answered. 32 (This happened so that what Jesus said about how he would die would come true.)
33 Then Pilate went back inside the palace and called Jesus to him and asked, “Are you the king of the Jews?”
34 Jesus said, “Is that your own question, or did others tell you about me?”
35 Pilate answered, “I am not one of you. It was your own people and their leading priests who handed you over to me. What have you done wrong?”

Footnotes:

  1. 18:28 unclean Going into the Roman palace would make them unfit to eat the Passover Feast, according to their Law.
PRAYER FOR TODAY
 Praying man Father, it’s the deception of the enemy that distorts the many worthless pursuits in life that will veer my heart off course from the goal of winning the prize for which You have called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. All worthy pursuits are secondary to the the highest pursuit of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I am willing to lay it all down, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own…but the righteousness that comes from You on the basis of faith. Knowing Christ is a lasting goal that brings great reward not just here and now but forevermore. No more chasing in the wind but a lifetime pursuit of walking in the ways of holiness is what I seek after. It is through Christ Jesus that I commit to You, Father God, this worthy desire of my heart. Amen.
 
I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!


No comments: