Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Tuesday March 5, 2013 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-You must cultivate the attitude of gratitude-
2-The way you think determines the way you feel-
3-The way you feel determines the way you act-
4-If you want to change your life, change what you are thinking about-
5-If you don't have Christmas in your heart, you won't find it under a tree-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Is there any pleasure on earth worth sacrificing for the sake of an extra five years in the nursing home?
 
I'VE LEARNED-Just because work is rewarding doesn't mean it is always fun-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The tip of a bull whip moves so fast that it breaks the sound barrier; the crack of the whip is actually a tiny sonic boom.
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Did Thomas touch Jesus' wounds after Jesus told him to do so?
2-Is love for Jesus the basic qualification for Christian service?
3-How many people did Jesus bring back from the dead?
4-For whose benefit did Jesus raise the dead?
5-Where were the souls of the people prior to Jesus raising them from the dead?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What was the altar in the tabernacle made of?
Yesterday's answer-Cut stones   Exodus 20:25
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    John 16:25-28
“I have told you these things indirectly in stories. But the time will come when I will not use stories like that to tell you things; I will speak to you in plain words about the Father. 26 In that day you will ask the Father for things in my name. I mean, I will not need to ask the Father for you. 27 The Father himself loves you. He loves you because you loved me and believed that I came from God. 28 I came from the Father into the world. Now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father.”
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
 Praying man Father, help us as we share our testimony and Your message with the world around us. We find so many who are like Agrippa; uninterested, unpersuaded, and often times hardened. Help us to persevere and not give up or grow discouraged. We pray that you would soften the hearts of those we seek to reach for the Gospel. Just like You did for Lydia, the seller of purple, who responded to Paul’s message along with all her household, we pray for open hearts to receive our message of hope and salvation.  In Jesus’ name.  Amen.
 
I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-

No comments: