Monday, March 14, 2016

Monday March 14, 2016 thought for the day






HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-God comes into my life not to change my neighbors, children or family, but to change me-
2-Spiritually speaking, we will hold up better under adversity than under prosperity-
3-Nothing helps depression like helping others-
4-Teach me God in all things to see you in anything I do and to do it as for you-
5-Everybody is somebody-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Long ago, when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks, it was called witchcraft.  Today it is called golf-
 
I'VE LEARNED-We are so busy growing up, we often forget that our parents are growing old-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The ridges of the sides of coins are called reeding or milling.  A dime has 118 ridges around the edge,  a quarter has 119 ridges-
 
5 THING I WANT TO KNOW
1-Deuteronomy chapter 21 says that anyone who is hung on a pole is under God's curse. Did that apply to Jesus?
2-Is the term "first fruits" another name for tithe?
3-Was Rahab justified in lying to save the lives of the two spies?
4-When did Rahab come to have faith in the Israelites God?
5-Why would Rahab, a pagan, a Canaanite, and a prostitute be used by God to save the two Israelite spies?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who said " But may the Lord keep me from harming his appointed king!"
Answer for today       David     1 Samuel 26:11
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY   Galatians 5:13-14
13 My brothers and sisters, God called you to be free, but do not use your freedom as an excuse to do what pleases your sinful self. Serve each other with love. 14 The whole law is made complete in this one command: “Love your neighbor as you love yourself.”
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY

Jesus, thank you for freeing me to no longer serve my flesh, but to serve you, my risen savior-
 
MAY YOU HAVE ENOUGH HAPPINESS TO MAKE YOU SWEET, ENOUGH TRIALS TO MAKE YOU STRONG, ENOUGH SORROW TO KEEP YOU HUMAN AND ENOUGH HOPE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY-

No comments: