Saturday, April 16, 2016

Saturday April 16, 2016 thought for the day








 
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-It is not enough to believe the Bible, we must also apply it to our lives-
2-My only hope of peace with God is through the salvation of Jesus-
3-Relationships require effort-
4-Loneliness is the price you pay to avoid the risk of being hurt-
5-Anticipation usually outweighs realization-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-A budget is a method for going broke methodically-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Being kind is more important than being right-
 
DID YOU KNOW-If you take a standard Slinky and stretch it out, it would measure eighty seven feet-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Did Jesus wash Judas feet?
2-Why did the disciples have difficulty believing Jesus was their promised Messiah?
3-Is trusting God the only true way of believing in him?
4-Why would Jesus, as part of the Trinity, need to pray?
5-Did the disciples ever make the prayer and power connection?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who said “Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, is it true that you do not serve my gods nor worship the gold statue I have set up?"
Answer for today     Nebuchadnezzar       Daniel 3:14
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY       Romans 8:1-2
1 So now, those who are in Christ Jesus are not judged guilty. Through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit that brings life made you free from the law that brings sin and death.

Footnotes:

  1. 8:1 guilty Some Greek copies continue, “those who do not live in the power of their sinful selves, but in the power of the Spirit.”
  2. 8:2 you Some Greek copies read “me.”
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY 

 
Dear God, keep me mindful that I am free of guilt and condemnation for the sins I committed, for the sins you've forgiven.  Enable me to refuse false condemnation.  Enable me to live empowered and led by your Holy Spirit.  Amen.
 
TODAY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN. BE A BESSING, BE A FRIEND, ENCOURAGE SOMEONE, TAKE TIME TO CARE. LET YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HEAL AND NOT WOUND-

No comments: