Saturday, April 09, 2016

Saturday April 9, 2016 thought for the day




 
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-The grace of God comes from the love of God-
2-I believe that I may know-
3-Discipleship is willingness to go wherever the spirit of God leads-
4-The righteousness of God has its expression in the law of God-
5-Love brings forth burden bearing-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-It is much easier to stop sliding down a hill when you are near the top than when you are halfway down-
 
I'VE LEARNED-As parents, you are only as happy as your saddest child-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The armhole in clothing is called an armsaye-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Do we sin when we angrily ask "If God were in control how could he let this.....happen?
2-Do we use what we can't understand as an excuse for our lack of trust?
3-What does the Biblical word "selah" mean?
4-What does "the shadow of your wings" as mentioned in scripture mean?
5-Would you change the way you live if you knew that every word and thought would be examined by God first?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who said  “Let me kiss my father and my mother good-bye,”  “Then I will go with you.”
Answer for today      Elisha       1 kings 19:20
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY        Proverbs 7:2-5
Obey my commands, and you will live.  Guard my teachings as you would your own eyes.
Remind yourself of them; write them on your heart as if on a tablet.
Treat wisdom as a sister, and make understanding your closest friend.
Wisdom and understanding will keep you away from adultery, away from the unfaithful wife and her pleasing words.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY 

God, help me to memorize your word, separate myself from temptation, and to look to you for help overcoming my sinful weaknesses.
 
TODAY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN. BE A BESSING, BE A FRIEND, ENCOURAGE SOMEONE, TAKE TIME TO CARE. LET YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HEAL AND NOT WOUND-

No comments: