Sunday, April 17, 2016

Sunday A[pril 17, 2016 thought for the day




 
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-When the disciples asked Jesus to teach them to pray, he gave them a prayer, not a lecture on prayer, not a doctrine of prayer.  He gave them a quotable, repeatable prayer-
2-It is not what you have read that counts but what you have learned-
3-Often, the people that bother us the most are those who have something we want-
4-The true measure of Christians is how they love one another-
5-Time does not heal, it only helps us forget-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Bureaucracy is a method of turning energy into solid waste-
 
I'VE LEARNED-You should never say no to a gift from a child-
 
DID YOU KNOW-In 1946, the first TV toy commercial aired.  It was for a Mr Potato Head.
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What greeting does God prefer we use in addressing him?
2-Is it appropriate or not appropriate to call God "Daddy"?
3-In an effort to see God as our friend, have we cheapened who we see him as?
4-Is anything complex for God?
5-Does God ever have second thoughts?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who said “No, Lord! I have never eaten food that is unholy or unclean.”
Answer for today     Peter    Acts 10:14
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY    Psalm 62:5-7
I find rest in God;
    Only he gives me hope.
He is my rock and my salvation.
    He is my defender;
    I will not be defeated.
My honor and salvation come from God.
    He is my mighty rock and my protection.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY

 
God, by your Holy Spirit, I affirm my salvation in you and through you.  Because you are my fortress, I shall not waver, and "I shall not be moved."  I take my stand in you, my Rock, as I journey through life.  In Jesus name, amen-
 
I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART-PEACE IN YOUR SOUL- JOY IN YOUR LIFE-ALWAYS-

No comments: