Saturday, September 01, 2012

Saturday September 1, 2012 thought for the day





HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-No one is ever truly happy with a heavy heart, a troubled mind, a discouraged spirit and an unsaved soul-
2-Mankind cannot be fulfilled when enslaved by aggression and tyranny or overworked and exploited-
3-Even though not all will listen or respond or be saved, we have the message of God and his love to everyone we meet-
4-Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God's grace and your best days are never so good that you are beyond the reach of God's grace-
5-Some people talk about heaven being so far away but it is within speaking distance of those who belong there-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Loving your body only when it is perfect is like loving your children only when they are well behaved-
 
I'VE LEARNED--Normal is just a setting on the dryer, not a standard to live by-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Captain Matthew Webb of England was the first to swim the English Channel using the breast stroke-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Didn't Jesus know that the admonishment given to the healed people to not tell anyone was impossible to do?
2-From what part of God does mercy come from?
3-How is mercy and forgiveness related?
4-Why does God show mercy?
5-Why did God send Jesus to earth 2000 years ago and not many thousands of years earlier in history?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What king disguised himself in order to consul with a sorceress?
Yesterday's answer-Shimei    2 Samuel 16:5-8
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY     Matthew 26:69-75
69 At that time, as Peter was sitting in the courtyard, a servant girl came to him and said, "You also were with Jesus of Galilee."
 70 But Peter said to all the people there that he was never with Jesus. He said, "I don't know what you are talking about."
 71 When he left the courtyard and was at the gate, another girl saw him. She said to the people there, "This man was with Jesus of Nazareth."
 72 Again, Peter said he was never with him, saying, "I swear I don't know this man Jesus!"
 73 A short time later, some people standing there went to Peter and said, "Surely you are one of those who followed Jesus. The way you talk shows it."
 74 Then Peter began to place a curse on himself and swear, "I don't know the man." At once, a rooster crowed. 75 And Peter remembered what Jesus had told him: "Before the rooster crows, you will say three times that you don't know me." Then Peter went outside and cried painfully.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manFather, would You help me to be quick to listen, slow to speak and eager to observe that which You want to show me. As I read Your Word, may it not be simply out of duty or habit. Intensify my hunger for Your hidden treasures that can only be found as I dig deeper into the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God. Open my mind, my heart, my ears and my eyes to spiritual insights that bring understanding, acceptance, and gratitude for Your work in my life. Lord, open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in Your Law.  Amen.


TODAY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN. BE A BLESSING. BE A FRIEND. ENCOURAGE SOMEONE. TAKE TIME TO CARE. LET YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HEAL AND NOT WOUND.




No comments: