Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wednesday September 26, 2012 thought for the day





HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-How you exit one thing determines how you enter another-
2-The only limits to the possibilities in your life tomorrow are the excuses you use today-
3-Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow-
4-You are today where your thoughts have brought you, you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you-
5-What is not started today is never finished tomorrow-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-The professor discovered that her theory of earthquakes was on shaky ground-
 
I'VE LEARNED-The less time I have to work with the more I get done-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Thomas Edison, the inventor of the light bulb, was afraid of the dark-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is it okay to question God's action or inactions?
2-Why do so many people find it hard to pray?
3-Do Christians still need a High Priest to go to God?
4-Is pastoring a church a "job" for a pastor?
5-Do we all have blind spots in our Christian faith?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who married a "faithless" woman named Gomer?
Yesterday's answer-Judah  Genesis 38:24
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    John 1:19-23

 19 Here is the truth John[a] told when the leaders in Jerusalem sent priests and Levites to ask him, "Who are you?"
 20 John spoke freely and did not refuse to answer. He said, "I am not the Christ."
 21 So they asked him, "Then who are you? Are you Elijah?"[b]
   He answered, "No, I am not."
   "Are you the Prophet?"[c] they asked.
   He answered, "No."
 22 Then they said, "Who are you? Give us an answer to tell those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?"
 23 John told them in the words of the prophet Isaiah:
    "I am the voice of one
       Calling out in the desert:
    'Make the road straight for the Lord.' " — Isaiah 40:3
Footnotes:
  1. John 1:19 John John the Baptist, who preached to people about Christ's coming (Matthew 3, Luke 3).
  2. John 1:21 Elijah A prophet who spoke for God. He lived hundreds of years before Christ and was expected to return before Christ (Malachi 4:5–6).
  3. John 1:21 Prophet They probably meant the prophet that God told Moses he would send (Deuteronomy 18:15–19).
PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manFather, You who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion until You call me heavenward or until the day of Christ’s return. May I willingly submit and quickly obey Your voice so that I will bear much spiritual fruit. I pray that the Fruit of the Spirit will characterize my life as I faithfully yield to the work of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
 
 
 
 
 
 
LIVE SIMPLY! LOVE GENEROUSLY! CARE DEEPLY! SPEAK KINDLY! LEAVE THE REST WITH GOD!!



No comments: