Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tuesday September 11, 2012 thought for the day





 
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-You can not help people permanently by doing for them what they could and should do themselves-
2-Pleasure is the by product of the "good life", not the goal of it-
3-The greatest things in life are not things-
4-The person good at excuse making is seldom good at anything else-
5-How you spend your time is the truest indicator of how you value your life-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-My life no longer needs an extreme makeover, now it just needs a complete do over-
 
I'VE LEARNED-To ignore the facts does not change the facts-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Canada imports about 850 Russian made hockey sticks on an average day-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Did Thomas ever doubt Jesus after the first time?
2-How is this to be understood-Jesus said "You didn't choose me, I chose you"?
3-If Jesus has been a part of God from the beginning, was Jesus also a part of giving Moses the 10 commandments?
4-Has Jesus been a part of everything God has ever done?
5-Did Jesus ever have to ask anyone for forgiveness?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who posed as Isaac's sister?
Yesterday's answer-Joab   2 Samuel 14:1-24
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    Matthew 27:41-44
 41 The leading priests, the teachers of the law, and the Jewish elders were also making fun of Jesus. 42 They said, "He saved others, but he can't save himself! He says he is the king of Israel! If he is the king, let him come down now from the cross. Then we will believe in him.43 He trusts in God, so let God save him now, if God really wants him. He himself said, 'I am the Son of God.' "44 And in the same way, the robbers who were being crucified beside Jesus also insulted him.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manFather, thank You for Your wonderful salvation through Your Son, Jesus Christ. You created in my body a thirst and hunger for physical food just as You created in my soul a hunger and thirst for spiritual food.  My soul thirsts for You, the living God. As I drink from Your living water my soul’s desires are satisfied. I am refreshed as I taste and see that You are good and Your mercies are everlasting and very personal. As I partake of the Living Water and the Bread of Life I am led by Your hand. I am no longer my own, for I have been bought with a tremendous price – Your Son, Your only Son, who gave His life that I might experience forgiveness for sin. Thank You for forgiving me and leading me in the paths of righteousness where I find love, joy and peace forevermore. My heart and my flesh, they may fail, but You are my strength and my portion for ever and ever.  Amen.
 
I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-



No comments: