Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wednesday September 12, 2012 thought for the day





HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-The secret to financial success is to  spend what you have left after saving, instead of saving what you have left after spending-
2-A lot of people go into debt just to keep up with those who already are-
3-He is always a slave who cannot live on little-
4-I went to find a friend but couldn't find one anywhere.  I went to be a friend and friends were everywhere-
5-It is not those things that can be bought that are life's richest treasure, it's just the little gifts of the heart that money cannot measure-
STRANGE THOUGHT-My wife and I love each other.  I rub her back and she massages my ego-
I'VE LEARNED-When you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you-
DID YOU KNOW-Professional hockey players skate at average speeds of 20-25 miles per hour-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Since Jesus was also God, did God crucify himself?
2-Are each of us "special"?
3-Are all angels eternal?
4-Do all peoples from all the ages of time have eternal souls?
5-Is everyone "God's children" or only those who have been "born again"?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who fooled Joshua by pretending to be ambassadors from a distant country?
Yesterday's answer-His wife Rebekah 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    Matthew 27:45-49
 45 At noon the whole country became dark, and the darkness lasted for three hours. 46 About three o'clock Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" This means, "My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?"
 47 Some of the people standing there who heard this said, "He is calling Elijah."
 48 Quickly one of them ran and got a sponge and filled it with vinegar and tied it to a stick and gave it to Jesus to drink.49 But the others said, "Don't bother him. We want to see if Elijah will come to save him."

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manFather, there are many choices I will make today based upon the variables that I cannot foresee. But above all I must deny my own selfish desires, take up my cross daily, and follow Christ. In denying myself I will be careful never to deny Christ nor the work He wants to do in me. I don’t know what my cross will look like today, whether it be in the form of physical pain, ridicule of my faith, rejection from one that I love, a major letdown, or another difficulty that may arise. The wonderful blessing is that I don’t carry my cross in my own strength but You carry it for me as I lean upon You for strength, guidance, endurance and the assurance that today’s cross will soon be exchanged for tomorrow’s crown. Until then I remain faithful through Christ Jesus our Lord in whose name I pray. Amen.

LIVE SIMPLY! LOVE GENEROUSLY! CARE DEEPLY! SPEAK KINDLY! LEAVE THE REST WITH GOD!!


No comments: