Saturday, September 22, 2012

Saturday September 22, 2012 thought for the day





HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-The "heart" was made large enough to be filled with God-
2-Whatever you have, God can use it-
3-Be very careful of what you promise for you may have to deliver on it-
4-So often we seem to be more aware of what we don't have than of what we do have-
5-Don't be ashamed or hesitant to give God what little or much you have-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-When fish are in schools they sometimes take debate-
 
I'VE LEARNED-You should keep your words both soft and tender, because tomorrow you may have to eat them-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Pole vault poles used to be rigid.  Now they bend, which allows the vaulter to go much higher-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Can you experience joy when your action is not appreciated?
2-What are the 5 most basic needs of life?
3-How is God  my "shepherd"?
4-Does God provide everything we need?
5-What does it mean "my cup runneth over"?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-According to Jesus, what prophet had prostitutes and tax collectors as followers?
Yesterday's answer-The prodigal son  a  Luke 15:30
 
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY     John 1:6-9
6 There was a man named John[a] who was sent by God.7 He came to tell people the truth about the Light so that through him all people could hear about the Light and believe.8 John was not the Light, but he came to tell people the truth about the Light.9 The true Light that gives light to all was coming into the world!
Footnotes:
  1. John 1:6  John the Baptist, who preached to people about Christ's coming (Matthew 3, Luke 3).
 
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manGod, You are the only source of eternal life to whom I can cling. I am confident that You will be with me to the end of my life here on this earth. I am grateful for the many people who bring me support, encouragement and companionship from day to day. They are a source of joy as they enrich my life daily. But as I grow older I’m recognizing that nothing stays the same and much of what I came to rely on is no longer present. Losses of those people very dear to me and things once considered important mount up as I reflect upon the passing years. I find great comfort as I cling to the words of the 73rd Psalm, “Whom have I in heaven but Thee, and there is none that I desire on earth beside Thee. My flesh and my heart faileth but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Amen.
 
TODAY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN. BE A BLESSING. BE A FRIEND. ENCOURAGE SOMEONE. TAKE TIME TO CARE. LET YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HEAL AND NOT WOUND.



No comments: