Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday September 19, 2014 thought for the day




 
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-A pessimist only sees the dark side of the clouds but an optimist doesn't see the clouds at all for he is walking on them-
2-Keep your thoughts positive for your thoughts become your words, your words become your behavior, your behavior become your habits, your habits become your values, and your values become your destiny-
3-The ethical person knows what is right to do, the moral person does what is right to do-
4-Actions or comments done in haste cannot be recalled-
5-A job is only as good as the satisfaction you get from doing it-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-I'd agree with you but then we would both be wrong-
 
I'VE LEARNED-If you believe only what you like in the Bible and reject what you don't like, it is not the Bible you believe, but yourself-
 
DID YOU KNOW-President Kennedy could read four newspapers in 20 minutes-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What does it mean "God is faithful"?
2-Is God with everyone at the same time-
3-Do we ever anger God?
4-Are there conditions to be met before God will use us?
5-When problems come our way, are we to be proactive or patient concerning a solution?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What two people walked on water in the midst of a storm?
Answer for today-Jesus and Peter   Matthew14:22-32
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY  Isaiah 25:1
Lord, you are my God.
    I honor you and praise you,
Because you have done amazing things.
    You have always done what you said you would do;
    You have done what you planned long ago.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY 
Thankful manFather, when we’re hurting, confused or emotionally paralyzed we’re unsure of the first step to take. But our fears diminish when we recall the words of Scripture,  “For I hold you by your right hand–I, the LORD your God. And I say to you, ‘Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you.” The songwriter also reminds us, “Each step I take, I know that He will guide me; to higher ground He ever leads me on, until some day the last step will be taken. Each step I take just leads me closer home. At times I feel my faith begin to waver, when up ahead I see a chasm wide. It’s then I turn and look up to my Saviour, I am strong when He is by my side.” Since You promise never to leave us nor forsake us, help us to remember that we never walk this journey alone, but we take each step by faith with You at our side. How grateful we are to be Your children. Amen.


SMILE, LAUGH, FORGIVE, BELIEVE AND LOVE, OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

No comments: