Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wednesday September 10, 2013 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-How sad to learn that "God is in this place" and I did not know it-
2-You can't solve a problem by dealing with its symptoms-
3-There is a hugh difference in being thrifty and in being greedy-
4-Over the centuries, Israel's real problem has been a spiritual one--separation from God-
5-The attempt of a nation to defy the course of it's judgement, apart from repentance, will instead set in motion a chain of events to bring about the very calamity it sought to avert-
 
STRANG THOUGHT-As soon as you find a product you really like, they will stop making it or the store will stop selling it-
 
I'VE LEARNED-If you never learn the language if gratitude, you will never be on speaking terms with happiness-
 
DID YOU KNOW-In 1912, after being shot in the chest, Theodore Roosevelt finished a speech he was delivering before he accepted any medical help-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Was Samuel raised differently by Eli than were his 2 sons?
2-Did Eli ever regret his parenting of his 2 sons?
3-Did Eli sin, as had his two boys, by eating meat stolen from the sacrificial altar?
4-If Eli was a Godly priest, why did he participate in the sinful behavior of his 2 boys?
5-Does God ever bless anyone for merely listening to him?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What king of Judah had his birth and reign foretold to King Jeroboam?
Answer for today-Josiah  1 Kings 13:2
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   Deuteronomy  7:9
So know that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God. He will keep his agreement of love for a thousand lifetimes for people who love him and obey his commands.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY 
Thankful manFather, it is during times of discouragement or bewilderment that I find myself more attentive to Your instruction. My heart is more absorbing of the truths You want to convey when I walk in obedience and leave the results to You. Help me to always remember that You are the Teacher and I am the student. I welcome the wisdom of the Master to guide me into all truths,  and sustain me in the moments of silence and waiting. Amen.


LIVE SIMPLY! LOVE GENEROUSLY! CARE DEEPLY! SPEAK KINDLY! LEAVE THE REST WITH GOD!!

No comments: