Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sunday September 28, 2014 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Spring is the best definition of the word optimist-
2-It is not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them.  That is the true measure of our thanksgiving-
3-Your yesterdays should be left with God and none of their disappointments should be dragged into this day-
4-"As thy day, so shall thy strength be"-
5-Today could be the golden day you dreamed about yesterday-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Years ago it was learned that if all the people who slept in church were laid out end to end, they would all be a lot more comfortable-
 
I'VE LEARNED-You will never go wrong by doing what is right-
 
DID YOU KNOW-President Clinton was the first left handed US president to serve two terms-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why would God allow satan to present himself in God's presence?
2-Why was God so willing to accept satan's challenge to allow Job to be tested with so much sadness and suffering?
3-In God's testing of Job at satan's request, why did Job's innocent servants have to die along with all his own children and herds of cattle?
4-Why did Job's wife have no faith in him and think he must have incurred God's wrath for all the suffering they had endured?
5-In Job's suffering, why did his wife have to suffer also (the loss of her children)?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What miraculous thing happened to Moses' hand?
Answer for today    It became leprous, then became normal again   Exodus 4:7
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    Psalm 86:2-4
Protect me, because I worship you.
    My God, save me, your servant who trusts in you.
Lord, have mercy on me,
    Because I have called to you all day.
Give happiness to me, your servant,
    Because I give my life to you, Lord.
 
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
 Praying man Jesus, You know my tendency to worry and fret about circumstances and people dear to my heart.  Thank You for giving me Scriptural wisdom in how to deal with this ongoing weakness that robs me of Your joy and peace.  As I seek first Your kingdom I will look to Your Word rather than the unending problems that lead me to a worrisome state of mind.  As I read Scripture over and over that pertains to my needs, it replaces the time spent worrying over and over about the problems at hand.  Meditation on Your Word is similar to worry in that I turn Scriptural promises over and over in my mind.  You replace my worried thoughts with divine wisdom and peaceful reassurance as my heart is open to You when looking for answers to my problems.  Help me to seek You above all else and trust Your overflowing provision for all that concerns me today. It is in Your name that I pray. Amen.
 
I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!

No comments: