Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Wednesday September 24, 2014 thought for the day



 
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Do not repay evil for evil but with blessing-
2-"The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer"-
3-"Cast all your anxiety on him for he cares for you"-
4-Good things do happen to bad people-
5-God is most often experienced in the midst of our pain-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-It was so cold this morning that when I opened my outlook I had frost on my windows-
 
I'VE LEARNED-We live in an entitlement society-
 
DID YOU KNOW-President Carter is a speed reader (two thousand words per minute)
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Will people with a blind spot in their theology make it to heaven?
2-Is anyone's theology of God 100% accurate?
3-Did Jesus ever have a strategy meeting with his disciples?
4-Did God ever break any of the commandments, i.e.-(Thou shall not kill)?
5-How much of salvation is a changing of the mind?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What did Moses mount on a pole as a way for healing the ailing Israelites?
Answer for today   A brass serpent   Numbers 21:5-9
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    Proverbs 13:6
Doing what is right protects the honest person,
    But doing evil ruins the sinner.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY 
Thankful manFather, I am thankful for the sense of smell. Depending on what I am smelling it can bring about a pleasant response where I linger taking in more and more of the pleasing scent. Today, I pray that the spiritual fruit from my life would emit such an aroma.  First, I want to offer to You the sweet smelling sacrifice of a life fully surrendered to You. Secondly, I pray that those whom I see today would find my words and/or actions to be a very uplifting part of their day. May I bring encouragement through pleasant conversation and by taking a personal interest in others. Keep my mind and words from wandering in the cesspool of lies, jealousy, gossip, immorality and hatred. Instead I want to spread the aroma of the living Christ that others might seek Him. You will bring about divine appointments throughout my day if I make the most of every opportunity.  In Jesus’ name I pray.  Amen.

LIVE SIMPLY! LOVE GENEROUSLY! CARE DEEPLY! SPEAK KINDLY! LEAVE THE REST WITH GOD!!

No comments: