Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tuesday September 30, 2014 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Christianity is not the sacrifice we make but the sacrifice we trust-
2-To sin is to say "God, I don't want you to be my king, I want to be my own king"-
3-Sin is not a regrettable lapse or an accidental stumble, it is an insurrection of the highest order-
4-All ships that land at the port of Grace weigh anchor from the port of sin-
5-The finest summary of God's greatest accomplishment is "God in his gracious kindness declares us not guilty through the death and resurrection of Jesus his son"-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Once you get past my charm, great looks, super intelligence and my sense of humor, I think it will be my modesty that stands above all the rest-
 
I'VE LEARNED-God is not sometimes sovereign nor occasionally victorious-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Louis XIV bathed once a year.  He had forty personal wigmakers and almost one thousand wigs-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How do you know you have wisdom?
2-Is being wise and having wisdom the same thing?
3-How is wisdom obtained?
4-Is the book of Job to be taken as a literal event?
5-How is silence a part of wisdom?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What did Moses' staff turn into?
Answer for today   a serpent  Exodus 4:2-4
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY     Matthew 5:9
They are blessed who work for peace,
    For they will be called God’s children.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
Jesus, my friend who sticks closer than a brother, a mother or father, thank You for the many Scriptures reassuring us that we’re never alone, whether it’s during our mountain top experiences or in the valleys below.  You promise that Your Spirit will never leave us nor forsake us, but You will be with us always. We are encouraged and strengthened by Your abundant promises and Your abiding presence.  Amen.
 
I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING!



No comments: