Saturday, October 11, 2014

Saturday October 11, 2014 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Show me your friends and I will show you your future-
2-Faith doesn't always seem to make sense-
3-Faith is believing before it happens-
4-Faith believes God is who he says he is and helps us live the way he wants us to live-
5-Connect with people who can help you, not hurt you-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Nostalgia is not what it used to be-
 
I'VE LEARNED-A proud person is seldom a grateful person for he never thinks he gets as much as he deserves-
 
DID YOU KNOW-During his entire life, van Gogh sold only one painting, "Red Vineyard at Arlesw"-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why was Joseph instructed to take Mary home with him as his wife without any marriage ceremony or ritual?
2-Was Mary required to go with Joseph to Bethlehem to register for a census?
3-When the angels appeared to the shepherds, did they know what a "savior" was?
4-How many shepherds received Jesus' birth announcement?
5-Why would Joseph and Mary allow lowly smelly shepherds to visit with their newborn son?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What happened to 250 men who offered incense?
Answer for today    They were consumed by fire from the Lord   Numbers 16:16-18
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY     Psalm 107:8-9
Let them give thanks to the Lord for his love
    And for the miracles he does for people.
He satisfies the thirsty
    And fills up the hungry.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY 
Praying man Father, I want my heart to be committed to Your Truth and righteousness, for You are the Way, the Truth and the Life. I place my complete trust in You and reject the godless trends and vain philosophies promoted by the world regardless of how popular they may be, what celebrity or famous person promotes them or how they may be validated by the wisdom of this world.  Like our Lord Jesus stated, “Thy Word is truth.” May Your words be embedded in my heart and mind through the faithful study of Scripture so that I might not sin against You and so that I will recognize truth from error. Keep me faithful and true.  Amen.

TODAY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN. BE A BLESSING. BE A FRIEND. ENCOURAGE SOMEONE. TAKE TIME TO CARE. LET YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HEAL AND NOT WOUND!

No comments: