Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Tuesday October 28, 2014 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-To train up a child in the way they should go, travel that way yourself-
2-If you thank God after the fact, that is gratitude.  If you thank God before the fact, that is faith-
3-The only reason the universe works is because God is true all the time-
4-You need to doubt your doubts and believe your faith-
5-God said it and that settles it whether or not I believe it-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Misuse of the word "literally" makes me "figuratively" insane-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Religion is man's attempt to find God-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey, not the eagle, to be the US national bird-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How do you recognize false religious leaders?
2-Did John the Baptist have a premonition of his coming death?
3-Why did the Pharisees think that Jesus' power was from Satan and not a divine power?
4-What did Jesus mean saying "Blessed is the man who does not fall away on account of me"?
5-What did Jesus mean saying "Among those born of women, there is no one greater than John the Baptist".  Did this include the old testament patriarchs and
   Prophets?  Jesus was born, and he was greater than John.
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Whose rod was turned into a serpent that swallowed the Egyptian sorcerers' serpents?
Answer for today   Aaron's   Exodus 7:10-12
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY    Colossians  3:12
12 God has chosen you and made you his holy people. He loves you. So you should always clothe yourselves with mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
 Praying man
Today’s prayer is a type of prayer often used to help people with the words in accepting Christ. Does this prayer express the desire of your heart? If it does, we invite you to pray this prayer, either as a first-time expression of faith or as a means of rededication and affirmation.
Lord Jesus, I need You. Thank You for dying on the cross for my sins. I open the door of my life and receive You as my Savior and Lord. I ask You to forgive me of my sins so that I might have peace with God and experience eternal life in heaven. Take control of the throne of my life. Make me the kind of person You want me to be in accordance with Scripture and in imitation of Christ in whose name we pray. Amen.

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING!

No comments: