Friday, February 05, 2016

Friday February 5, 2016 thought for the day




 
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Let my heart be moved by the things that move the heart of God-
2-Who is the good Samaritan in your life-
3-Grief hollows out the heart to make room for the joy that is coming-
4-Holiness is becoming more like the character of Christ-
5-You can't think wrong and live right-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you-
 
I'VE LEARNED-All that matters in the end is that you truly loved-
 
DID YOU KNOW-In Australia, the number one topping for pizza is eggs-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How could Eve's sin of disobedience affect her yet to be born children?
2-Where in a newborn's body is a sinful nature?
3-The Bible says that when Adam sinned, sin entered the world.  Why not when Eve first ate the forbidden fruit?
4-Wasn't there sin in the world before Eve disobeyed God and ate the forbidden fruit.  After all, the serpent was evil and sinful?
5-What "sons of God" married human women in Genesis?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who said "Behold, I have given Esther the house of Haman, and him they hanged on the gallows, because he laid his hand upon the Jews"?
Answer for today    Ahasuerus        Esther 8:7
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY     Psalm 40:1-2
40 I waited patiently for the Lord.
    He turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the pit of destruction,
    Out of the sticky mud.
He stood me on a rock
    And made my feet steady.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY   
 

 
Father, the pit is a horrible place, but may your comforting presence and all sufficient grace transform this season with a bit of sweetness.  Being in the pit may not be painless or quick.  But with your help, and by your grace, I know you will get me through.  Amen.
 
SMILE, LAUGH, FORGIVE, BELIEVE AND LOVE, OVER AND OVER AGAIN-

No comments: