Friday, February 05, 2016

Friday February 5, 2016 thought for the day




 
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Let my heart be moved by the things that move the heart of God-
2-Who is the good Samaritan in your life-
3-Grief hollows out the heart to make room for the joy that is coming-
4-Holiness is becoming more like the character of Christ-
5-You can't think wrong and live right-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you-
 
I'VE LEARNED-All that matters in the end is that you truly loved-
 
DID YOU KNOW-In Australia, the number one topping for pizza is eggs-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How could Eve's sin of disobedience affect her yet to be born children?
2-Where in a newborn's body is a sinful nature?
3-The Bible says that when Adam sinned, sin entered the world.  Why not when Eve first ate the forbidden fruit?
4-Wasn't there sin in the world before Eve disobeyed God and ate the forbidden fruit.  After all, the serpent was evil and sinful?
5-What "sons of God" married human women in Genesis?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who said "Behold, I have given Esther the house of Haman, and him they hanged on the gallows, because he laid his hand upon the Jews"?
Answer for today    Ahasuerus        Esther 8:7
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY     Psalm 40:1-2
40 I waited patiently for the Lord.
    He turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the pit of destruction,
    Out of the sticky mud.
He stood me on a rock
    And made my feet steady.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY   
 

 
Father, the pit is a horrible place, but may your comforting presence and all sufficient grace transform this season with a bit of sweetness.  Being in the pit may not be painless or quick.  But with your help, and by your grace, I know you will get me through.  Amen.
 
SMILE, LAUGH, FORGIVE, BELIEVE AND LOVE, OVER AND OVER AGAIN-

No comments: