Monday, February 01, 2016

Monday February 1, 2016 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges-
2-Conviction is worthless unless it is converted into conduct-
3-Claim God's grace, regardless-
4-We must forgive, even ourselves-
5-Our love for God causes us to depend on God which causes us to obey God-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-As you get older, your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them either-
 
I'VE LEARNED-God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Each year, Americans spend more on cat food than on baby food-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Was the crippled man by the gate beautiful the first person Peter and/or John caused to be healed? 
2-What was the last wood working project that Jesus worked on with his father Joseph?   
3-Why wasn't the Bible placed in chronological order?
4-The order of creation says on day one God created light,  then on day four it says God created sun, moon and stars.  How can there be light without the sun?
5-Were the days listed in genesis creation story days of 24 hours?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who said, "“Pull out your sword and kill me. Then those uncircumcised men won’t make fun of me and kill me.”?
Answer   Saul   1 Samuel 31:4
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY    Psalm 63:1-2
God, you are my God.
    I search for you.
I thirst for you
    Like someone in a dry, empty land
    Where there is no water.
 I have seen you in the Temple
    And have seen your strength and glory.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY

Father, I pray your blessed presence with those who don't have the basic essentials for living.  Please show me my part in your provision for them.
 
MAY YOU HAVE ENOUGH HAPPINESS TO MAKE YOU SWEET, ENOUGH TRIALS TO MAKE YOU STRONG, ENOUGH SORROW TO KEEP YOU HUMAN AND ENOUGH HOPE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY-

No comments: