Sunday, February 28, 2016

Sunday Februry 28, 2016 thought for the day






 
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Shared joy is a double joy, shared sorrow is half a sorrow-
2-God can take away your bitterness and resentment and give you forgiving love in its place-
3-God will never give you an inspiration in your mind or heart that is contrary to his Word-
4-I never knew how it felt to feel so good until Jesus came into my life-
5-If you don't deny self, you will deny Jesus-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-The bigger a man's head gets the easier it is to fill his shoes-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Worrying shows a lack of faith in and and understanding of God-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The US government spent $277,000 on "pickle research" in 1993-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-In scripture what is "the lake of fire"?
2-In scripture, what are the "beatitudes of revelation"?
3-In scripture does the term "the time is near" mean the event mentioned will occur immediately?
4-Revelations says "surely I am coming quickly".  It has been 2000 years since this was recorded.  What time frame was meant?
5-How can we say that "God is in control" when so much of the world is out of control?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who said
“What pleases the Lord more:
    Burnt offerings and sacrifices
    Or obedience to his voice?
It is better to obey than to sacrifice.
    It is better to listen to God than to offer the fat of sheep."?
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY      Philippians 3:12-14
12 I do not mean that I am already as God wants me to be. I have not yet reached that goal, but I continue trying to reach it and to make it mine. Christ wants me to do that, which is the reason he made me his. 13 Brothers and sisters, I know that I have not yet reached that goal, but there is one thing I always do. Forgetting the past and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I keep trying to reach the goal and get the prize for which God called me through Christ to the life above.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY

Father, I don't want to live like I am stuck in a ditch, feeling like my life has lost meaning and purpose.  I want to press on with you.  Thank you for the victories as well as the valleys of the past.  Let me learn from them and move forward.  Thank you that you have good plans for me.  I choose to walk by faith, and I am excited about today.  Amen-
 
I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART-PEACE IN YOUR SOUL- JOY IN YOUR LIFE-ALWAYS-

No comments: