Monday, February 08, 2016

Monday February 8, 2016 thought for the day





 
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Gods grace is never a reward for our good works-
2-Non retaliation is not intended to encourage the violent to victimize the powerless, it is the means for over coming evil with good-
3-Something is wrong when we let our children run wild and yet take our dogs to obedience school-
4-You will have a bent bow if you keep the bow bent-
5-Absence is to love what wind is to fire.  It extinguishes the small and kindles the great-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Statistics show that at the age of 70, there are five women to every man.  Isn't that an ironic time for a guy to get those odds?
 
I'VE LEARNED-If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back-
 
DID YOU KNOW-In the United States the number one topping for pizza is pepperoni-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW-  
1-By drowning all the sinners with the great flood, did God really eradicate sin from the earth?
2-When God caused the great flood, Noah and family were saved in the ark.  Were some or all of his extended family sinful people?
3-Why had there never been rain on the earth prior to the great flood?
4-If all vegetation was covered with water in the great flood for months, how could it regrow when the flooding evaporated?
5-If all earth was covered in water, did the fish and sea creatures swim to different oceans than what was their home waters?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who said "My soul praises the Lord."
Answer for today    Mary  Luke 1:46
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY   
14 Jesus said, “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust in me. There are many rooms in my Father’s house; I would not tell you this if it were not true. I am going there to prepare a place for you. After I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me so that you may be where I am.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY

Lord Jesus,you taught very clearly that in this world, I will have trouble.  Fortunately, you have overcome the world.  And that being the case, may I know your peace and not be troubled by my troubles-Amen
 
MAY YOU HAVE ENOUGH HAPPINESS TO MAKE YOU SWEET, ENOUGH TRIALS TO MAKE YOU STRONG, ENOUGH SORROW TO KEEP YOU HUMAN AND ENOUGH HOPE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY-

No comments: