Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday February 22, 2010 thought for the day

FRIENDS
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Never confuse discipline with rigidity-
2-Discover the joy of discipline and self development-
3-True discipline is self caring, not self castigating-
4-Every prize has it's price-
5-Motivation does not come first, action does-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Advice is like castor oil, easy to give but dreadful to take-
I'VE LEARNED-Always think before acting but don't forget the joys of spontaneity-
DID YOU KNOW-While performing her duties as queen, Cleopatra sometimes wore a fake beard-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why did Jesus have to get in a quiet place on the Mount of Olives to pray?
2-How did Jesus go to the Garden of Gethsemane and how far was it from the Upper Room?
3-Why did Judas decide on a facial kiss as a betrayal identification?
4-In Jesus's day, would disciples normally kiss their leader as a greeting as Judas did to Jesus at Gethsemane?
5-How long did Jesus spend in Gethsemane praying?
BIBLE TRIVIA-In Nebuchadnezzar's famous tree dream, who is symbolized by the majestic tree that is cut down?
Yesterday's answer-Go ahead and marry Mary, take a different route out of Bethlehem,flee to Egypt, return from Egypt (Matthew 1:18-2:23)
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY PSALM 139:7-12
7 Where can I go to get away from your Spirit? Where can I run from you?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there. If I lie down in the grave, you are there.
9 If I rise with the sun in the east and settle in the west beyond the sea,
10 even there you would guide me. With your right hand you would hold me.
11 I could say, "The darkness will hide me. Let the light around me turn into night."
12 But even the darkness is not dark to you. The night is as light as the day; darkness and light are the same to you.
I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-JASPER

No comments: