Friday, December 11, 2015

Friday December 11, 2015 thought for the day




 
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Never confuse fame with success-
2-He is no fool to give what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose-
3-It is not how much we give, it is how much we have left-
4-You can go anywhere if you will build the road-
5-Do your giving while you are living, then you know where it goes-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-You only have one childhood.  It may as will last your entire life-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Work diligently, give generously, pray faithfully, love deeply-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The top layer of a wedding cake, known as the groom's cake , is usually a fruit cake so it will last until the couple's first anniversary, when they will eat it-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How can I experience the power of the Holy Spirit?
2-Should we pray to he Holy Spirit?
3-Is the "Holy Spirit" the same as the "Spirit of God"?
4-Why was it to the disciples advantage for Jesus to leave then.  Did they not have the Spirit of God in them prior to his leaving?
5-Is it more beneficial for us to have the Holy Spirit than the person Jesus himself?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-This new testament passage comes from what old testament book-"Ye are gods"    John 12:15
Answer for today    Psalm 82:6
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY      Luke 17:31-37
31 “On that day, a person who is on the roof and whose belongings are in the house should not go inside to get them. A person who is in the field should not go back home. 32 Remember Lot’s wife. 33 Those who try to keep their lives will lose them. But those who give up their lives will save them. 34 I tell you, on that night two people will be sleeping in one bed; one will be taken and the other will be left. 35 There will be two women grinding grain together; one will be taken, and the other will be left. [ 36 Two people will be in the field. One will be taken, and the other will be left."
37 The followers asked Jesus, “Where will this be, Lord?”
Jesus answered, “Where there is a dead body, there the vultures will gather.”
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
 Praying man Father, You have given me many treasures that cannot be bought with money and friendship is among them. I thank You for the special friends who brighten my outlook and challenge me to be a better person. Thank You for my caring friend who loves me and never gives up on me even when I feel like giving up on myself. For that dear friend who comes alongside me and helps carry the burdens that I bear, I am especially thankful. My life is enriched and my spirit is refreshed as I share my heart with a close friend who does not criticize but accepts my frailties; who prays for me and expresses love for me in ways that build me up and strengthen me in the trials of life. Father, You are the greatest and most trusting Friend that I will ever know so help me to draw near to You so that You draw near to me.  Amen.
 
SMILE, LAUGH, FORGIVE, BELIEVE AND LOVE, OVER AND OVER AGAIN-

No comments: