Monday, December 14, 2015

Monday December 14, 2015 thought for the day



 
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-You may have friends who will party you into hell, but they won't party you out-
2-Open your arms to change but hold on to your values-
3-It takes rain to make a rainbow-
4-Be who you are not what someone thinks you are-
5-Everyone has a skeleton in their closet somewhere-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-The bridges you cross before you come to them are almost always over rivers that aren't there-
 
I'VE LEARNED-If someone lies to you once, they will do it again-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Pound cake is so called because the original recipe required one pound of butter-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Did all the disciples receive the gift of "speaking in tongues"?
2-Did the disciples all keep their ability to speak in unknown tongues all their life?
3-Did Jesus send the Holy Spirit to earth, or did God the father do so?
4-From where does courage and boldness come from?
5-What did Hebrews mean when it says "the Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being"?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-This new testament passage comes from what old testament book-"he hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart" ?    John 12:40
Answer for today  Isaiah 6:9
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY     Luke 18:9-14
Jesus told this story to some people who thought they were very good and looked down on everyone else: 10 “A Pharisee and a tax collector both went to the Temple to pray. 11 The Pharisee stood alone and prayed, ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people who steal, cheat, or take part in adultery, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week, and I give one-tenth of everything I get!’
13 “The tax collector, standing at a distance, would not even look up to heaven. But he beat on his chest because he was so sad. He said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’ 14 I tell you, when this man went home, he was right with God, but the Pharisee was not. All who make themselves great will be made humble, but all who make themselves humble will be made great.”
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY  
 
Praying manFather, often times I am apprehensive when You speak to my heart like you did Esther, through Mordecai Your messenger. When I’m to do or say something that’s not within my comfort zone, my heart feels like it could explode and I become an emotional cripple because fear overtakes me.  It prevents me from stepping out in faith and following through with an obedient heart.  Would You remind me that there is great blessing when I follow Your leading. Help me not to fear the outcome, for that is not my responsibility. I need to leave that in Your hands. Thank You for Your enlisting me to be a part of your grand purpose in sharing the good news of salvation with the lost, strengthening the weak, and encouraging those whose hope has faded. I can’t do it within my own abilities but I can trust the Holy Spirit to equip me to be an uncompromising believer and bold witness for You through Christ Jesus our Lord, no matter the times or circumstances that surround me. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. Amen.

MAY YOU HAVE ENOUGH HAPPINESS TO MAKE YOU SWEET, ENOUGH TRIALS TO MAKE YOU STRONG, ENOUGH SORROW TO KEEP YOU HUMAN AND ENOUGH HOPE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY-

No comments: