Saturday, December 12, 2015

Saturday December 12, 2015 thought for the day



 
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-It encourages us to look back and see how God has worked-
2-When in doubt-don't-
3-Grace is God giving us what we don't deserve, mercy is God not giving us what we do deserve-
4-When you get through with what you are going through, you are going to know something about God you didn't know before-
5-When your back is to the wall remember Jesus' back was to the cross-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Why is the word "abbreviation" so long?
 
I'VE LEARNED-It takes a long time to become the person you want to be-
 
DID YOU KNOW-As much as 50 gallons of maple sap are used to make a single gallon of maple sugar-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why for so long was the Holy Spirit referred to as the "Holy Ghost"?
2-Why did Jesus refer to the Holy Spirit as "he"?
3-Did the disciples and Jesus ever have a time of singing together?
4-How significant of a role did God intend the Holy Spirit to play in our lives?
5-Jesus said to his disciples "You will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you".  What was the power and what was it to be used for?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-This new testament passage comes from what old testament book-"Behold, thy King cometh, sitting on a donkey's colt".     John 12:15
Answer for today       Zechariah 9:9  
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY  Luke 18:1-5 18 Then Jesus used this story to teach his followers that they should always pray and never lose hope. 2 “In a certain town there was a judge who did not respect God or care about people. In that same town there was a widow who kept coming to this judge, saying, ‘Give me my rights against my enemy.’ For a while the judge refused to help her. But afterwards, he thought to himself, ‘Even though I don’t respect God or care about people, I will see that she gets her rights. Otherwise she will continue to bother me until I am worn out.’”
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
 Praying man Father, You have given me many treasures that cannot be bought with money and friendship is among them. I thank You for the special friends who brighten my outlook and challenge me to be a better person. Thank You for my caring friend who loves me and never gives up on me even when I feel like giving up on myself. For that dear friend who comes alongside me and helps carry the burdens that I bear, I am especially thankful. My life is enriched and my spirit is refreshed as I share my heart with a close friend who does not criticize but accepts my frailties; who prays for me and expresses love for me in ways that build me up and strengthen me in the trials of life. Father, You are the greatest and most trusting Friend that I will ever know so help me to draw near to You so that You draw near to me.  Amen.
 
TODAY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN. BE A BESSING, BE A FRIEND, ENCOURAGE SOMEONE, TAKE TIME TO CARE. LET YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HEAL AND NOT WOUND-


No comments: