Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Tuesday December 15, 2015 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-At work what is important is the doing, at home it's the being-
2-My lack of understanding is not an excuse for my lack of obeying-
3-Fruit bearing trees require the most pruning and on a regular basis-
4-When you are going through suffering, you never know what God has in store on the "glory" side-
5-Some rewards come only as a result of suffering-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-The same boiling water that hardens the egg will soften the carrot-
 
I'VE LEARNED-It is nice to be important but it is more important to be nice-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The only food that does not spoil is honey-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW-
1-Do the angel worship Jesus?
2-What is the "oil of joy"?
3-What does the Bible mean when God said I will be his father and he will be my son" and again "You are my son, today I have become your father"?
4-Was Jesus God's son prior to his earthly birth?
5-Why does the Bible have God calling Jesus "Lord"?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-This new testament passage comes from what old testament book-"He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me"?       John 13:18
Answer for today     Psalm 41:9
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY    Luke 18:15-17
15 Some people brought even their babies to Jesus so he could touch them. When the followers saw this, they told them to stop. 16 But Jesus called for the children, saying, “Let the little children come to me. Don’t stop them, because the kingdom of God belongs to people who are like these children. 17 I tell you the truth, you must accept the kingdom of God as if you were a child, or you will never enter it.”
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY 
Praying manFather, while people have a tendency to judge others by their words and actions, You judge us by our motives. You know the inner thoughts of our hearts as evidenced when You spoke to Samuel about his unexpected choice in selecting young David to be the next king rather than his older, taller and stronger brothers. You don’t see things the way others see them, for people judge by outward appearance, but You see thoughts stored up in our heart. Help us to deal first with our own sin, so that when You lay upon our heart one who is caught up in sin, we can prayerfully and gently seek to restore them to a godly attitude or conduct that is pleasing to You. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.


I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-

No comments: