Thursday, December 24, 2015

Thursday December 24, 2015 thought for the day





HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-We must be tested before we can experience the fullness of god's power-
2-A shepherd will sometimes break a leg of a lamb to keep it close-
3-Strength is produced in private times of discipline-
4-Struggle in prayer or struggle with everything else-
5-The spirit of fear keeps us from going into the promised land-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-If I never met you I wouldn't like you.  If I didn't like you, I wouldn't fall in love with you.  If I didn't fall in love with you, I wouldn't miss you.  But I did, I do and I will-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Death and evil are never satisfied-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The average American drinks 600 sodas per year-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is God still good even when your life isn't?
2-God promises to render beauty out of "all things".  Does this mean each and every thing?
3-Is God's definition of good the same as ours?
4-Why is it that so often prayer is like we are talking to thin air, a strange feeling of distance and isolation?
5-Does the word "sanctify" have more than one meaning in scripture?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-This new testament passage is from what old testament book-"The Lord said to my Lord. Sit thou on my right hand"?   Acts 2:34
Answer for today     Psalm 110:1
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY     Luke 19:11-14
11 As the people were listening to this, Jesus told them a story because he was near Jerusalem and they thought God’s kingdom would appear immediately. 12 He said: “A very important man went to a country far away to be made a king and then to return home. 13 So he called ten of his servants and gave a coin to each servant. He said, ‘Do business with this money until I get back.’ 14 But the people in the kingdom hated the man. So they sent a group to follow him and say, ‘We don’t want this man to be our king.’
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY 
Praying manFather, the question in the old hymn asks, “What can wash away my sins?” The correct reply is “Nothing but the blood of Jesus.” Only You can take a heart that is bent toward sin and completely turn it toward godliness. Thank You for Your redemptive love, seen in the death and resurrection of Your Son, that forgives my heart of sin. You take away the sinful way of thinking that leads to sinful living and replace it with a spiritual way of thinking that leads to life through Your Spirit. Master, the touch of Your hand empowers me to be transformed into newness of life, for which I will be eternally grateful. Amen.


MAY YOU ALWAY HAVE LOVE TO SHARE, HEALTH TO SPARE AND FRIENDS THAT CARE-

No comments: