Saturday, December 26, 2015

Saturday December 26, 2015 thought for the day



 
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Too often we give up on the verge of a miracle-
2-I don't need to understand, I just need to hold his hand-
3-What you believe does make a difference-
4-You can't be friends with a rattle snake-
5-God's children don't deny darkness, they just chose not to live in it-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes or for their fancy car but because they sing a song only you can hear-
 
I'VE LEARNED-It is hard to learn from a mistake you don't acknowledge making-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The average American drinks 800 gallons of water per year-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Do we as Christians live as we say we believe?
2-Is there anything more detestable than a phony christian?
3-Did God give Adam and Eve wisdom to make the best choices?
4-God told Adam and Eve that if they disobeyed him and ate the fruit from the forbidden tree they would die.  Would they have known what that meant?
5-Prior to Adam and Eve eating the forbidden fruit, had they seen anything die?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-This new testament passage comes from what old testament book-"A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you"?   Acts3:22
Answer for today-    Deuteronomy 18:15
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY   Luke 19:15-23 
15 “But the man became king. When he returned home, he said, ‘Call those servants who have my money so I can know how much they earned with it.’
16 “The first servant came and said, ‘Sir, I earned ten coins with the one you gave me.’ 17 The king said to the servant, ‘Excellent! You are a good servant. Since I can trust you with small things, I will let you rule over ten of my cities.’
18 “The second servant said, ‘Sir, I earned five coins with your one.’ 19 The king said to this servant, ‘You can rule over five cities.’
20 “Then another servant came in and said to the king, ‘Sir, here is your coin which I wrapped in a piece of cloth and hid. 21 I was afraid of you, because you are a hard man. You even take money that you didn’t earn and gather food that you didn’t plant.’ 22 Then the king said to the servant, ‘I will condemn you by your own words, you evil servant. You knew that I am a hard man, taking money that I didn’t earn and gathering food that I didn’t plant. 23 Why then didn’t you put my money in the bank? Then when I came back, my money would have earned some interest.’
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY 
Praying man Father, the angels’ announcement to the shepherds is the same announcement heralded in the hearts of men and women, boys and girls who choose to accept Christ as their Lord, “A Savior has been born to you.” We set Him apart in our hearts from the common, ordinary things of life, for He is the Master of not only the universe, but He chooses to reign in our lives. We’re so grateful for His completed mission on earth where He was rocked in a holy cradle, ridiculed on a hostile cross and restored to His Heavenly throne. “Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace!” dwell in our hearts we pray.  Amen.


TODAY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN. BE A BESSING, BE A FRIEND, ENCOURAGE SOMEONE, TAKE TIME TO CARE. LET YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HEAL AND NOT WOUND-

No comments: