Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday January 11, 2010 thought for the day



A COLD BUT PRETTY SCENE
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Knees that are knelt on don't knock-
2-Pride means picking up after yourself-
3-Never substitute knowledge for compassion and care for others-
4-Our problem is not that we know so much but that we know so much that just "ain't so"-
5-Knowledge that isn't balanced with love and grace is truth gone to seed-
STRANGE THOUGHT-I had a job working for a pool maintenance company, but the work was just too draining-
I'VE LEARNED-When you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere-
DID YOU KNOW-President Ulysses S Grant had the boyhood nickname "Useless"-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Jesus came to save all mankind, so why does he say that "narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life and few there be that find it"?
2-Is the Christian way a narrow restricted way?
3-Does God chastise us every time we fail?
4-Did Jesus deny Peter before God (for his denial of Jesus) since he said "whoever deny's me before men, him will I deny before my father in heaven"?
5-What is the evidence of living for and serving Jesus?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What military man captured 31 kings?
Yesterday's answer-Jabin Joshua (11:1-5)
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY PSALM 119:57-64
57 Lord, you are my share in life; I have promised to obey your words.
58 I prayed to you with all my heart. Have mercy on me as you have promised.
59 I thought about my life, and I decided to follow your rules.
60 I hurried and did not wait to obey your commands.
61 Wicked people have tied me up, but I have not forgotten your teachings.
62 In the middle of the night, I get up to thank you because your laws are right.
63 I am a friend to everyone who fears you, to anyone who obeys your orders.
64 Lord, your love fills the earth. Teach me your demands.
I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-JASPER



No comments: