Thursday, January 21, 2010

ThursdayJanuary 21, 2010 thought for the day

A COLD WINTER SCENE
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-The greatest oak tree was once a little nut that held it's ground-
2-Nothing puts feeling into prayer like a good reason for praying it-
3-When wrestling with restlessness, remember the benefits of patience-
4-A rich man is one whose children love him-
5-Good character like good soup is usually homemade-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Dogs aren't good dancers because they have 2 left feet-
I'VE LEARNED-It is okay to let your children cry-
DID YOU KNOW-President Grover Cleveland was a draft dodger. He hired someone to enter the service in his place, for which he was ridiculed by his political opponent, James G Blaine. It was soon discovered, however, that Blaine had done the same thing himself-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How often should Christians take communion?
2-Why did Jesus call the people "evil doers" when they had done such miraculous deeds in his name?
3-Is communion a means of grace for forgiveness of sin?
4-Should communion be open to non members of your church group?
5-Should the church tithe it's income to other ministries?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What king of Tyre sent cedar logs and craftsmen to King David?
Yesterday's answer-King Herod (Luke 23:8)
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY PSALM 119:137-144
137 Lord, you do what is right, and your laws are fair.
138 The rules you commanded are right and completely trustworthy.
139 I am so upset I am worn out, because my enemies have forgotten your words.
140 Your promises are proven, so I your servant, love them.
141 I am unimportant and hated, but I have not forgotten your orders.
142 Your goodness continues forever, and your teaching are true.
143 I have had troubles and misery, but I love your commands.
144 Your rules are always good. Help me understand so I can live.
I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-JASPER

No comments: