Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wednesday January 20, 2010 thought for the day


BRRRRR----
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Make the least of the worst and the most of the best-
2-If you want a place in the sun you've got to put up with a few blisters-
3-A bird does not sing because it wants to be heard, it sings because it has a song-
4-Courage is being scared to death and yet doing it anyway-
5-Each lap of the Christian race is different from the previous one-
STRANGE THOUGHT-You are getting old when you realize your parents were right about almost everything-
I'VE LEARNED-When it comes to chocolate, pizza and buffets, resistance is futile-
DID YOU KNOW-President James Garfield could write Latin with one hand and Greek with the other, simultaneously-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is there a formula for salvation?
2-Is a "conversion experience" necessary to receive salvation?
3-Is an emotional response to the gospel dependable?
4-What role should self examination play in our spiritual lives?
5-How does God's spirit bear witness with our spirit?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What king wanted to see miracles when the arrested Jesus was sent to him?
Yesterday's answer-David (1 Samuel 16:6-13)
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY PSALM 119:129-136
129 Your rules are wonderful. That is why I keep them.
130 Learning your words gives wisdom and understanding for the foolish.
131 I am nearly out of breath. I really want to learn your commands.
132 Look at me and have mercy on me as you do for those who love you.
133 Guide my steps as you promised; don't let any sin control me.
134 Save me from harmful people so I can obey your orders.
135 Show your kindness to me, your servant. Teach me your demands.
136 Tears stream from my eyes, because people do not obey your teachings.
I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-JASPER




No comments: