Saturday, January 02, 2010

Saturday January 2, 2010 thought for the day


CAN SPRING COME TOO SOON??
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Bible study is not an end in itself, it is a means to an end-
2-Think of God's word as God's voice-
3-God's assistance is not always immediate but it is always sure-
4-Gaining biblical knowledge has 2 inherent dangers-1)Danger of pride and 2)danger of narrow mindedness-
5 For a balanced Christian life, there must be discernment along with knowledge-
STRANGE THOUGHT-My best job was as a musician, but eventually I found I wasn't note worthy-
I'VE LEARNED-Love not time heals all wounds-
DID YOU KNOW-John Quincy Adams owned a pet alligator, which he kept in the East Room of the White House-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW-
1-Why would Jairus, a ruler of the synagogue, ask for Jesus to heal his daughter--was he a believer or was it a last desperate effort?
2-What gave the woman with an issue of blood the courage to try to secretly touch Jesus clothing?
3-The woman with an issue of blood would be ceremonially unclean, so how could she be a part of a crowd to see Jesus?
4-How would Jesus have dressed?
5-Technically, was Jesus a rabbi?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What king of Salem was also a priest of the Most High God?
Yesterday's answer-Elah 1 Kings 16:8-10)
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY PSALM 118:15-21
15 Shouts of joy and victory come from the tents of those who do right: "The Lord has done powerful things."
16 The power of the Lord has won the victory; with his power the Lord has done mighty things.
17 I will not die, but live, and I will tell what the Lord has done.
18 The Lord has taught me a hard lesson, but he did not let me die.
19 Open for me the Temple gates. Then I will come in and thank the Lord.
20 This is the Lord's gate; only those who are good may enter through it.
21 Lord, I thank you for answering me. You have saved me.
I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-JASPER




No comments: