Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday January 26, 2010 thought for the day

A PRETTY WINTER SCENE

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-We become what we think-
2-Tradition should make roots not ruts-
3-We react with emotion and we respond with intelligence-
4-Worry is praying for that which you don't want-
5-God only made one of us-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Don't live on the reputation of the reputation you might have made-
I'VE LEARNED-When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer--
DID YOU KNOW-President Woodrow Wilson wrote all of his speeches in longhand-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Can our spirits be anyplace our bodies are not?
2-Why do we sing "Onward Christian Soldiers" and then go AWOL the next day-
3-Can you praise God and promote yourself at the same time?
4-How do you worship God with all your strength?
5-Can true worship sometimes be an act of your will?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What king had a strange dream about an enormous, fruitful tree that was suddenly chopped down with only a dry stump left?
Yesterday's answer-Shishak (1 Kings 11:40)
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY- PSALM 120
1 When I was in trouble, I called to the Lord, and he answered me.
2 Lord, save me from liars and from those who plan evil.
3 You who plan evil, what will God do to you? How will he punish you?
4 He will punish you with the sharp arrows of a warrior and with burning coals of wood.
5 How terrible it is for me to live in the land of Meshech, to live among the people of Kedar.
6 I have lived too long with people who hate peace.
7 When I talk peace, they want war.
I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-JASPER

No comments: